Saturday, August 2, 2008

Janome Model 802 sewing machine

I'm going to the movies in a few minutes, so I'm just going to bang out a relatively short post about a relatively short tear-down.

Last year, I saw and grabbed at least two of these, or similar models, but that was before I started doing this blog. This is the first one I've seen in quite a long time.

I'm not sure of the vintage on this, but the metal construction and 'Made in Japan' sticker (as opposed to being made in China by a Japanese company) lead me to believe it's at least 25 years old. But I could be completely wrong, since I didn't do any research to verify this.

Those are metal knobs. I didn't bother to keep them, but they were unusual enough that I felt I should mention them.

This picture of the sewing machine after I got done with looks a lot like the first picture up there. That is, of course, because most of the parts wouldn't come off. You know the drill.

A blurry picture of a lousy trophy pile. Oh well.

No comments: