Saturday, August 16, 2008

Audiovox VCR

VCRs are one of those devices that you would think has a lot more removable parts than it does. And simple tear-downs often make for boring entries, but here we go anyway...

As I picked this up on the side of the road, the top fell off, and I didn't bother to pick it back up, so that's why there's exposed circuitry. The cassette flap thing came off in transit and fell into the inside of the VCR. I'm wondering if these aren't symptoms of why it got thrown out in the first place. I'll also note that this VCR seems to be somewhat unusual in that the circuit board is at the top rather than at the bottom.

Another unusual feature is the fuse access thing on the back. I've never seen one on a VCR before, and certainly not on a relatively new one. User serviceable parts are something I associate with older electronics.

The VCR with the circuit board and top of the cassette carriage removed.

And the chassis totally removed.

Not a bad trophy pile, but not a great one. Then again, I'm running out of room to put all this crap, so maybe small parts piles aren't such a bad thing.

No comments: