Saturday, August 23, 2008

New Home Memory Craft 8000 sewing machine

It's back to sewing machines again for this week. This machine is interesting both in how high-tech it is, as well as the fact that it still sort of worked. See, when I sat down to take it apart, I noticed that the outlet for the cord was the same size as one I already had, so I decided to plug it in just to see if anything would happen. Well, it actually turned on. I was kind of surprised. I don't think it 'worked' exactly, but the settings appeared to change when I pressed the buttons. I thought twice about taking it apart, but decided to since obviously whatever was wrong with it was either not repairable or would cost more to fix than the unit's worth.

I have previously taken the 6000 and 7000 series Memory Crafts apart; the 8000 is much sleeker, mainly due to the lack of separate buttons for all the settings. Instead, it has a touchscreen, which is pretty snazzy for a home sewing machine.

This little compartment slides right off. I decided to keep it because one can never have too many little containers.

Sewing machine with the body panels removed, exposing a lot of tightly packed components.

The back side of the control panel.

Strictly speaking, there wasn't a large number of parts I could pull from this, but some of them were pretty big. That's not much of a consolation, though.

No comments: