Saturday, May 24, 2008

Brother GX-8250 electric typewriter

Remember a few weeks ago when I said I found two typewriters, but I only wrote about one? Well, now I'm finally getting around to doing an entry for the second one. For the most part, the two machines were very similar, so the breakdowns were also pretty much alike. In other words, there's not mch to say about this typewriter that I didn't say in the previous entry.


I think this is a newer model than the other one I took apart. The body has a more curved or rounded shape, i.e. it looks more modern. I could look it up to verify, but I don't care that much right now.


The ribbon cartridge. There's a few nice little pieces in there, plus I like the texture of the outer casing.



Here's the head (I guess that's the right term), with the daisy wheel and correction ribbon...

...and here it is removed from the rest of the typewriter. This one was a more complex design than the other typewriter, and it lent itself a bit more to disassembly.

The keyboard, again, very much like the other one. However, rather than remove all the keys, I decided to just leave them on the board piece, just to keep them all together. I'm just going to store this with the rest of my bulk plastic parts.


This is a decent trophy pile, I think. Lots of interestingly-shaped gears and rollers and so forth.

No comments: