Saturday, March 15, 2008

Eureka Boss Pro vacuum cleaner

This is one of the rare upright vacuums that I ocassionally grab. Most of them are either too heavy, or lack an adequate handle to carry by bike back to the apartment. This one was light and had a folding handle, so I took it. Though, had there been something better, I wouldn't have bothered with the Eureka.
This seems like a fairly sturdy vacuum cleaner, though for some reason the all-silver color scheme sort of makes it look cheap. I took one of these apart not long before I began documenting my junk, so I knew what to expect from it, which wasn't really that much, partswise.
Not a lot of complicated mechanisms here. That motor is really small, compared to some I've seen. I would have kept it had I thought I could get it out without messing it up. Not that I have any idea what I'd use it for.
The upright part, with even less parts.
Most of what I saved, I'd classify as 'plastic stock,' or basic flat or curved shapes I can cut down for other purposes. Also, I now have two of those handle pieces, which might be nice if I can think of what to do with them.

No comments: