Saturday, February 23, 2008

White Speedy Lock S34 overlocking machine

It's been a few weeks, so here's another sewing machine. More specifically, it's another overlocking machine. Since I've switched to a once-weekly update schedule, I've managed to keep a decent backlog of stuff, many of which are not sewing machines. That basically means that I can intersperse the sewing machine entries with other, more varied entries. Granted, I'm the only person I know actually reads this, but even I like a little variety.
The sew/vac place decided to label this (and the other one that I grabbed that day) definitively as 'trash.' This is the first time I've seen them do that. It makes me wonder if maybe at one point they accidentally tossed a machine that was still good. Which would mean that, since I've grabbed the vast majority of the sewing machines they've thrown out, I likely would have taken it apart. Which would suck, because as much as I like taking junk apart, I would like selling something on Craigslist for a quick buck even more.
I got the knobs off, I got the plastic housing off, then I ran into a wall. Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with sewing machines.
Another paltry trophy assortment. It's not very apparent from the camera angle, but those round pieces on the bottom row have three prongs sticking out of them. I don't know if that makes them more useful or less useful.

No comments: