Saturday, February 16, 2008

Electrolux LE vacuum cleaner

This is another one of those "I'm here already, so I might as well snag it" kind of finds. As I've said before, vacuum cleaners usually don't have many parts, especially the little parts I like to collect, but, as I also have said before, I'd rather take something lame apart than nothing at all.
What I got was pretty much a body. The motor and the hoses had been cannibalized. Just as well, since I can't think of anything I can use a motor like that right now.

This Electrolux is an update of the type I wrote about a few months ago. The older one had a metal body, while this 'upgrade' has a plastic body, albeit a fairly tough one.
I'm not sure where the settings control is on this vacuum. Maybe it was on a part that was salvaged by the sew/vac shop. The innards of this piece are much less complicated than the analog on the older Electrolux.
I can't tell if this is elegantly simple or a cheap cop-out. The two halves of the body are held together (sans adhesive or fasteners, I might add) by those plastic strips. When you slide them out, the body halves fall away. Also note the lack of hubcaps on the wheels.
Not a big parts haul out of this one, but it's a vacuum cleaner, so I didn't expect one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In what direction do the plastic slips slide? I can't budge them.