Saturday, February 9, 2008

JVC VCR

I found this a couple of days before I left for the holidays, so it was there waiting for me when I got back. I actually snagged it from a junk pile on the way back from the beach, so it was out of my usual search area. It was housed in some sort of bulky plastic housing that I assume was to let you mount it under a shelf, or from a wall-mounted TV. Either way, I had to get it off before I could carry it back to the apartment. This took a couple of minutes, which irritated me since I like my trashpicking to be as stealthy as possible.
This is very much a no-frills VCR. I don't see any evidence of any features beyond the basics; if this VCR had any, they could only be controlled from the remote, which I didn't find.
Here it is with the top of the case removed.
A somewhat blurry pic of the mechanism that takes the tape in (the actual name of which escapes me). Maybe I should invest in a tripod or something. This is where most of the parts that I can remove (without a hammer or soldering gun) came from.
My new organized trophy pile method looks more impressive here than in the last entry.

No comments: