Saturday, July 12, 2008

overlock machine, unknown manufacturer

The sew/vac place up the road from me has been a lot more intermittent in throwing stuff out lately. And when they do, it's often stripped to the bone. Of course, I can't really object to it; they're using those pieces to repair other machines, while I just put them in boxes with plans to one day use them to make little sculptures. However, picking up a cannibalized appliance can be irritating when I know they got most of the good parts. Or then there's the situation with this one.

This is an overlocking machine, and that's about all I know. Any panels or parts that would have a manufacturer's logo or model number were gone when I found this. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened to me before now. I suppose it really doesn't matter, since I'm not going to be seeking out another one to buy. Especially since there's not a lot of parts on it.

I'm beginning to get to where I can tell when a sewing machine is going to be hard to break down. This is one of those. A very simple design that wouldn't yield many parts to my screwdriver.

I had reasonably high hopes for this mechanism. Lots of potential goodies, but once again, I couldn't get many out beyond those round plastic things at the top.

Not a lot of parts here, and to add insult to injury, the pieces were really reflective so now they look washed out.

No comments: