Saturday, June 21, 2008

Singer Stylist 534 sewing machine

Hey, look, it's another sewing machine that didn't want to come apart. I'll get through this quickly since there's not much to say about it.

This looks like an older model, based on the font styles and amount of metal used in its construction.

Taking the panels off reveals the usual selection of fasteners that won't unscrew.

The underside of the top panel. That semicircle piece took a lot of effort to remove, probably more effort than it will ever be worth.

The parts haul was basically some circle things and some unusual machine screws, some of the few that would come loose.

--------------------------------------------------

Since I ran through that so quickly, I'll add a bit of a bonus entry here at the end. I keep my large plastic parts, such as appliance bodies and vacuum handles, in a clothes hamper. For most of these big pieces, I'm only interested in keeping parts of them like large flat areas, or certain shapes, but I haven't gotten around to cutting off the pieces I want and tossing the rest. A few weeks ago, I ran out of room in the hamper, so it was time to cull through the collection.

I decided to just throw these away. Looking over them, I really couldn't envision what I would ever do with them.

I kept all the stuff in these two groups. That's not to say I want the whole of each piece, it's just that it's easier to keep these whole for now.

This is the group of parts that I chopped up. See how bulky all this is?

This is what I reduced it down to. Between the reductions and placing the remaining parts back in the hamper carefuly, I now have plenty of room for more.

No comments: