Saturday, June 14, 2008

Seville Classics tower fan

No entry last week due to computer problems. Fortunately, it wasn't as expensive a fix as the new motherboard a couple months ago, but then again, I didn't end up with any broken parts to scrap this time either.

On with the show, then. This disassembly was somewhat rushed, so it's not quite as thorough as usual. I had spent much of the night grabbing the three printers, so by the time I got to this, it was already very early Wednesday morning. Heavy trash comes around 5 or 6 n the morning, and I wanted the carcass of the fan out of my apartment in time for them to pick it up, so I had to hurry. If this had been a printer or something else with a lot of parts and entertainment value, I'd have just waited until Friday night to put in the trash, but I was already trying to find room for three printers and a vacuum cleaner as it was, so the fan was low on my priority list.

This is another one of those appliances that I wouldn't have even bothered with if it hadn't been in a pile right outside my apartment. There's never a lot of parts in a fan (i've taken several kinds apart), and less I'm interested in, but this one looked like it had a somewhat complicated control panel, so what the hell.

Here's a better shot of the controls. At this point, I could already tell that there would be some LEDs, and I was hoping those buttons would be seperate.

Well, the buttons were on a sprue, but that's OK, at least they're all together when I need them. The LEDs were too close to the circuit board, so I couldn't remve them without tearing them up. This is basically the extent of my taking this fan apart. I could have busted into the bottom, but there's nothing in the oscillating mechanism that I wanted.

And here's a shot of the fan blades, or whatever they would be called. I though briefly about saving it, but couldn't justify it.

The trophy pile is pretty meager, but the parts themselves are unique, so that's something.

No comments: