Saturday, December 8, 2007

Elna sewing machine

This isn't going to be a very long entry. I think the first picture will show why pretty clearly.


First of all, it's a sewing machine, and as I said before, sewing machines often don't lend themselves well to disassembly. Not with my limited tool set anyway. Secondly, it's only most of a sewing machine. It was already picked pretty clean when I got it. When I grabbed this one, I felt sort of like the slow vulture at the carcass.



A little googling told me that Elnas are fairly high quality sewing machines (they better be for the prices they charge). Looking at the machine, I can believe that; except for the control knobs, there was barely any plastic used in its construction. The high price might also explain why the sew/vac place cannibalized this machine before throwing it out. These kind of sewing machines are ones people have repaired, instead of just throwing them out.


Most of the screws I could actually remove were on the back of the machine, holding that plate over the switch box.

Not much to show for the effort, but it's better than nothing I guess.



No comments: