Saturday, September 20, 2008

Baby Lock EA-305 overlocking machine

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this is a fairly old overlocking machine. Why is that? Is it the font of the logo? Is it the basic shape or the shapes of the individual elements? Maybe a little, but the main reason is that it weighs a freaking ton. There is hardly any plastic used in its construction; this is a very dense little metal beast. Plus it had to be transported using the very uncomfortable metal handle, so this was a real pain to get back home.

Often, machines that are aggravating to transport redeem themselves by being chock full of interesting little goodies. This is not one of those instances. Actually let me rephrase that: there might have been plenty of cool little parts inside this, but I wouldn't know, because I couldn't get into it, despite my shiny new screwdriver set.

Knobs. That's all I got out of this. At least they were multi-part knobs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what is this thing worth?