Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pfaff 1222 sewing machine

I found this Pfaff on the same night as the Hobbymatic I wrote about a few entries ago. Haven't seen any before or since, though.

Photobucket

This was a fairly solidly constructed machine. Other than the unusual placement of the controls, this is a fairly standard (and sort of boring) sewing machine.

Photobucket

Close-up of the control buttons. The mechanism takes up most of the length of the main body.

Photobucket

I was surprised that the control mechanism came out completely and so cleanly. In addition to the buttons, I pulled several metal parts that sort of look like heads of battle axes. No idea what I'll use them for, but I liked the shapes.

Photobucket

Not many things to salvage beyond the buttons and metal things.

No comments: