Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hoover Celebrity QS

I picked this up less for any parts it might contain, and more because it was so damn weird looking. To me, it looks more like a waffle iron than a vacuum cleaner. A little research showed that this was probably made in the early to mid 1980s, which surprised me since this is made out of metal.

Vacuum cleaners usually boast about amperage, but I've never seen one advertise its motor in terms of horsepower. And to top that, it's more than a fraction of 1 horsepower.

The inside is pretty weird too. As far as I can tell, there's no place for a bag or a filter or anything like that. The dirt just swirls around the inside, I guess. I wonder if there was a problem with crap getting into the motor.

The controls were extremely simple: on and off.

I only saved the button assembly, but like I said, this teardown was more for the novelty of it than the parts.

No comments: