Saturday, April 5, 2008

Epson Stylus CX6400 printer/scanner

After several weeks of rather lame disassemblies, it's nice to have something to take apart with some meat on the bones. Or rather, it's nice to have a write-up of something with meat on its bones, since I don't necessarily write these things in order. I was saving this one for when I had a little more time than usual to write it, and now its the last appliance in my buffer, so I have to write about it one way or another. I've got the time right now, but I don't feel like waxing nostalgic or droning on, so I'll let the pictures do most of the talking.

This is a relatively new printer/scanner, and I can't remember anything being obviously wrong with it, visually anyway. There used to be a top lid on this, but I had to leave it behind to get the whole thing home.

The scanner bed. Not much to take apart here.

The control panel came off in one piece, which I'll get to momentarily. Most printers I scrap have a plastic body shell that lifts off of the flatter base, while this one has the flatter part on top. It gives the whole thing a 'bucket of parts' effect. Actually, the pastic body is in three main parts, so there is a flat base, but it comes off seperately

The aforementioned control panel, which has those rubber multi-button sheets that I have no use for.

With the walls removed, the printer/scanner looks more like any other run of the mill inkjet printer.

Not a bad parts haul. The second picture shows some of the smaller parts in more detail.




No comments: